Door & Window rattles

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Door & Window rattles
From: Chuck Simons <clsimons@simons.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 11:40:49 -0500
As the new owner of a 72 Spitfire, I have come a long way in reducing the
different squeaks & rattles in the car. Now the largest ones that remain
seem to be the windows. I know I need to replace the rubber at the top of
the doors. But is there something in the window tracks that can be
replaced? My Hayes manual does not go into very much detail in this area.

Thanks to all those that replied to the differential whine problem. I
checked the oil, greased/oiled the bearings on the axles. the whine is
still there. It seems that it comes from the drivers side though. when you
let off on the gas, the whine stops.
I probably just need a rebuild.

Chuck..

Chuck & Karen Simons