DPO wiring

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: DPO wiring
From: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 97 13:04:09 -0400
Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
     On Thu, 24 Jul 1997, Tim Tucker wrote:

     > this day, 16 years later.  I've often wonder what could have
     prompted a person to go to such lengths to accomplish nothing
     different from what he already had?  Sorry to bore, but I have always
     enjoyed telling this story.

     > Tim.

        A friend of mine claimed to have worked on a TR that had been
        rewired with lamp (read brown 2 strand) wire. Apart from the
        nightmare of trying to determine what went where I was surprised to
        hear that the car hadn't burst into flames!

        Greg Petrolati

     -------------------------------> Just as follow on to this, I was once
     driving along a busy highway (401; fellow Canadians know it), when I
     noticed smoke coming from beneath the dashboard. For some strange
     reason, the car wasn't running too well right then, so I pulled over
     to investigate. Sure enough, the ignition wiring had been
     "re-engineered" with lamp cord. The centre of the fire seemed to be
     coming from a Marrette, and when I took it apart - guess what - one of
     the lamp cords was copper, and the other was aluminum!

     My personal conclusion: don't do this.

     Jim Wallace
     miraculously still alive in Canada.