Re: Was: Classic Car Insurance

To: mlibhart@feist.com
Subject: Re: Was: Classic Car Insurance
From: "Jack I. Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 17:43:17 -0400
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At 04:04 PM 7/28/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Jack I. Brooks wrote:
>>
>> Hey Martin, does Rich have to thank the guy who told him about
>> Parish?  <sarcasm>
>>
>       [snip]
>
>I don't know - I'm still in shock over the guy that found a residential
>wall switch on the instrument panel for his Spitfire lights!  Did you
>see that one??  I'm still recovering.
>
>Thanks again.  Later...
>
>Martin Libhart
>1972 TR6 (driver)(now with realistic insurance!)
>1970 Spitfire (under the knife)

I guess I shouldn't laugh at that one. In the dashboard of my first car, a
'72 Chevy Vega GT, I put an elapsed time(hour meter), a vacuum meter, a
voltmeter, and a line of 6 microswitches and LED's to control the various
radio, casette tape, and CB outputs to the various speakers and headphone
jacks in my car.  I also added a electric fuel pump cutoff, homemade alarm
system and extra interior lights.  Most of this electrical work was done
with red and black wire, until I ran out of red.  Then it was all black
wire.  I'm  definitely a reformed DPO.

I also had a really cool (at that time) solar powered fan sitting on the
dashboard.  Oh and I almost forgot the best of all;  A box full of
mechanical relays, which at the throw of a switch, would alternately blink
my headlights just like a police car.  Talk about trffic clearing out in
front of you.   Fortunately, I never got caught using it.

Hmmmmm.  A lot of this stuff would be WAY COOL on the TR3.  <KIDDING>

Later,

Jack