Re: Stripped hub studs

To: jmerone@vtetv.org (Joe Merone)
Subject: Re: Stripped hub studs
From: Brian Borgsatede <Sbrborg@umslvma.umsl.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 16:42:56 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<excerpt>>Tom Tweed wrote:

>It just reminded me, that of all the TR-6 and 250 cars that I have
had

>the rear hub assemblies out of (all 4 !) I have found at least one of

>those six studs to be stripped out of the aluminum, and on one car,

>Three out of the six were stripped.

It looks like a heli-coil kit to the rescue tonight.  5/16" right
guys?

Joe Merone

CF 18929

</excerpt><<<<<<<<

I don't know if this was the correct thing to do, but, I taped out the
hole to 3/8"

course thread and got a stud that was 3/8 on one end and 5/16 on the
other.

After I got the tap out I cleaned the hole with degreaser and put the
stud in with Locktite.

Brian Borgstede                 I

Telecommunications Engineer,    I       '68 Triumph

University of Missouri, St. Louis       I

Instructional Technology Center I          TR-250

Phone:  (314) 516-6433          I

Fax:  (314) 516-5294            I

sbrborg@umslvma.umsl.edu                I