RE: Oil presure switch wiring

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Oil presure switch wiring
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 17:35:39 -0600
Someone recently posted a note saying it was easy to test (using a
multi-meter) whether the switch is correctly connected regardless of
what the manual says or if it seems to operate the oil pressure light
correctly. Apparently you can have it wired so that all works fine but
your battery still gets drained when the ignition is off.

Can the person who understands this test please post the procedure? My
car's battery has been exhibiting signs of weakness lately and since I
have changed the pressure switch recently (and although I have it wired
up according to the manual) I would like to ensure it is not draining my
battery unnecessarily.

Thanks to the EEs out there (and any others who understand the flow of
electrons).

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada