RE: ZS Problems

To: "'Charlie Brown'" <cb1500@erols.com>
Subject: RE: ZS Problems
From: "Childs, David" <dchilds@lawson.epri.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 08:57:43 -0400
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Wow thanks for the long response!!!  I will try to answer your
questions....
1) Yes, it sounds like a good idea to vent into the Longflow if I can
get it to work.
They provide a way of doing that.
2) I have taken carb cleaner and sprayed all hoses and fittings looking
for leaks.
I have not found any.
3) I have a flexible rubber hose going from the valve cover to the carb.

No PCV valve to the carb, no Y with a PCV valve that goes to the
charcoal canister.
4) When I test the car with out a filter I remove everything.  No
backing plate, no foam.
I did however try inserting the screws that hold the air filter back
plate on.  This was just
Increase there was some port in there that I could not see.
5) I have an oxygen sensor and a meter to read it,  however, I have not
hooked it up.
I need to drill a hole and weld a nut on the headers.  The threads on
the oxygen sensor
are strange.  15mm??? metric???
6) I may have access to color tune.  Our club was thinking of buying it.
 I wonder if
they are on to that? ....  Mmmmm.  I will give them a call.