body work wanted in VA/MD

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: body work wanted in VA/MD
From: mbarre@juno.com (Matt Barre)
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 21:32:41 EDT
I have been off the list a while as I moved up to VA but except that much
of my garage remains in boxes I am now up to my neck in the DC ratrace.
I ask for the assistance of the list in locating a suitable person to
finish the body work and paint my TR3.

I redid the chassis and running gear myself but the guy that had the body
for 3 years only did 90% of the metalwork and never actually got the
paint on the body.  I probably would have been better off giving him
another year to actually finish the job but didn't think I would have a
problem finding someone to take over the task.

Most body shops don't want to mess with this type of work as the profit
margin with wrecks or straight resprays is much better.  I wouldn't mind
trying it myself but the new job barely allows time for the family.  Can
anyone recommend someone that does quality work but doesn't want a mint
in Eastern VA or MD?  I am not in a hurry and would actually prefer
someone interested in taking their time and doing a good job as opposed
to somebody that is already planning the next project.  One of the best
paint jobs I ever had done was done in a guys driveway -- of course he
did a lot of wet sanding on it.

Thanks in advance for any leads.
Matt Barre