Re: Zenith-Stromberg mixture adjustment

To: Atwell Haines <Carbuff@scooter.net>
Subject: Re: Zenith-Stromberg mixture adjustment
From: "Brian N." <bwnbcg@sjm.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 20:30:46 -0700
Atwell Haines wrote:

> Hello Carburetor Mavens,
>
> I need advice on trying to adjust the mixture on the stock ZS carb on my 79
>Spitfire.

Atwell-

Follow the Haines instructions in the bias needle adjustment very
carefully.  Read and reread them until you completely understand what is
being accomplished.  It is not that clear, but when you use the tool and
follow them you will get your carb adjusted right.  I know what you mean
about the cat glowing red.  I had same problem.  Found that the proper
window of adjustment is VERY narrow on the bias needle.

Good luck.

Brian

79 Spit
65 Spit