Re: GT6+ tires

To: WINDOWSEET@aol.com
Subject: Re: GT6+ tires
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 07:54:19 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At 11:15 PM 7/29/97 -0400, Greg W. wrote:
>My GT6+ needs tires and I would like to fit as much tire on the car as
>possible. I saw a listing for a BF Goodrich 185/55HR-13. Does anyone know
>what width rim these tires would require? I know that the lower profile tire
>will have an adverse affect on the speedometer reading but that doesn't
>concern me. I'm more concerned about having a tire that is wide but will
>still fit under the wheel wells. I'd like to here anyone's comments on this
>idea.
********************************
Greg,
I have a stock GT6+ and have 165/13 radials (wire wheels) on it now.  These
clear, but *JUST* barely, in fact on hard left turns the right rear just
kisses the flange.

Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6/5sp Spitfire ( daily driver )
70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
70 (sorta) Spitfire ( project )
73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler )