RE: lawyer story RESPONSE (no lbc BUT IMPORTANT)

To: "Gregory Petrolati" <gpetrola@prairienet.org> (Return requested)
Subject: RE: lawyer story RESPONSE (no lbc BUT IMPORTANT)
From: "Vincenti, Ross" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>
Date: 30 Jul 1997 08:31:56 -0700
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net> (Return requested)
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; 074E433DF5E6C00E-mtamailhub]
X400-originator: Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com
X400-received: by /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 30 Jul 1997 08:31:56 -0700
X400-received: by mta mtamailhub in /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 30 Jul 1997 08:31:56 -0700
X400-recipients: non-disclosure; <074E433DF5E6C00E*/c=US/admd=ATTmail/prmd=Transam/o=tfs/s=Vincenti/g=Ross/@MHS>
Scions,

Like everyone else on this list, I have received the above e-mail and
others containing humor of a non-LBC nature.  I appreciate the humor, even
when it pokes fun at my profession (and others).  The only thing that makes
me wince are the follow up e-mails either bashing the sender of the
message, or showing support for the whole notion of sending jokes
containing non-LBC content.  I am a big champion of free speach and the
right to air one's opinion.  I am also a big champion of the notion that
one should use appropriate common sense, self-restraint, and minimize the
use of the list bandwith to some degree in terms of responding to such
e-mail.  Perhaps greater use of a "direct" response to the original sender
would be more appropriate?

(Sorry, but I'm having a bad hair day.  And no flames please - see "self
restraint" above).  Thanks for allowing me to air my opinion on the list
and best wishes to all.

Ross D. Vincenti
Asst. General Counsel/Asst. Sec'ty.
Transamerica Home Loan - Legal Dept.