[Fwd: Re: lawyer story]

Subject: [Fwd: Re: lawyer story]
From: Susan Hensley <susan@grotecon.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 10:53:38 -0500
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 09:42:27 -0500
From: Susan Hensley <susan@grotecon.com>
To: Joseph Schneider <joe-schneider@nwu.edu>
Subject: Re: lawyer story

Hi Joe!

At the risk of sticking my neck out on the list -- I LOVED the lawyer
joke!  I worked with many lawyers in my three and a half years as a
video deposition expert, and the best lawyer jokes I ever heard came
from the lawyers themselves!  (Plaintiff's attorneys, usually,
nonetheless!)  They thought it was funny that there were so many jokes
about them and their profession.

Please, everybody, no one is actively trying to malign any one or any
one's profession here -- jokes are almost always at someone's expense,
unfortunately, but most people can see the humor instead of malice.
(Hey, I have a great joke I can tell you about three women...)  While it
may have been inappropriate to send it to the Triumph list, the header
should have alerted people to what it was and it could have been
ignored.

Please don't be so quick to get offended about things -- take everything
with a grain of salt, and respond to people whose messages may be
inappropriate, but please don't take things so personally!  We're all
here to benefit from each other and, in my opinion, a good laugh is a
benefit as well as good Triumph info!

Waiting for the flames... (cringe)
Keep Triumphing,
Susan Hensley   %)