[Fwd: Re: TR3 Carb Problem]

Subject: [Fwd: Re: TR3 Carb Problem]
From: Susan Hensley <susan@grotecon.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 10:53:55 -0500
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 10:08:08 -0500
From: Susan Hensley <susan@grotecon.com>
To: sid woznica <woznica@magi.com>
Subject: Re: TR3 Carb Problem

Hi Sid!

I had the same problem with a needle valve sticking on one of the two
carbs on my GT6, and I had to drop the float bowls to find out which one
and to remedy the problem.  There is a needle valve in each carb, and
they may stick with old gas or contaminants, especially if they have
been sitting up a while.  It is a brass fitting that looks like a nut
with a wide pin, or "needle" in the center that should move in and out
of the case, and unscrews from the carb body.

It is easy to remove and can be cleaned quickly with carb cleaner.  The
"needle" should move freely -- this is what the float tab presses on, so
must be very responsive.  I would suggest cleaning both of them -- if
one has a problem, likely the other will soon too!

Best of luck!

Keep Triumphing,
Susan Hensley   %)
Dallas