Non-LBC topc -- re: lawyer story

To: Paulsv@aol.com
Subject: Non-LBC topc -- re: lawyer story
From: Susan Hensley <susan@grotecon.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 12:44:01 -0500
Paulsv@aol.com wrote:

> Susan-
> Might you feel different if it was someone maligning your profession on the
> triumph list?  There are all kinds of lists on the net.  This is a triumph
> list.  I as a lawyer, would like to read triumph topics without the
> gratuitously stupid and unfair,  non lbc bashing that joe subjected me to.
>  That kind of thing invites a flame.  At least I labelled mine as having no
> lbc content.
> Paul Vander woude

Paul,

Please read my email again and realize that NOBODY is maligning
anybody's profession maliciously here.  Yes, it was inappropriate to
post the joke on the Triumph list (refer to said email again), plus, I
would not mind at all if someone posted a joke about marketing directors
(refer to said email yet again on topic of joke about women) -- would
welcome them, as a matter of fact, since I have yet to see one.  I would
just ask that people post jokes to personal accounts or to alt.rec.humor
or something, instead of to the TR list, to avoid problems such as this.

Jokes are just that.  Jokes.  And I apologize for having a sense of
humor that enables me to take a lighthearted view of many subjects as a
way to avoid being dragged down and depressed by the world that we all
have to deal with.  I am sorry if the joke offended you, truly, but
maybe you should try to take life a little less seriously and learn to
laugh at yourself -- this is in NO way meant to be sarcastic or
flippant; I had a hard time with life until I learned to do the same
thing.

I ABSOLUTELY disagree with the personal and vicious profession-bashing
this joke has incurred.  There is NO room for that nonsense here -- like
it or not, there are good AND bad lawyers, doctors, marketing directors,
blondes, disadvantaged groups, etc., out there, and they all make our
world go around, whether we like it or not.  We are here to promote
Triumphs and help each other have the best time we can during our lives,
and being vicious to others we don't see eye-to-eye with is stupid,
especially on a list where we all have a common interest.

I apologize for your hurt feelings.  Let's keep to Triumphs and related
jokes here, and go underground for the other stuff, unless it is
pertinent to ALL others on the list.

This will be the last you hear from me on this subject.

Keep Triumphing,
Susan Hensley