Group 44

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Group 44
From: WINDOWSEET@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 19:26:02 -0400 (EDT)
Wednesday
10:04AM CDST

Hi

Over the past few months I have read comments regarding the drivetrain used
in Group 44 cars. Datsun gearboxes and 240Z diffs were supposedly used in the
GT6+. Last night I read a message claiming that Corvair hubs and Mercedes
half shafts were used in other Triumphs raced by Tullius. When I mentioned
the Datsun equipment to Ted Schumaker, who owned and raced an ex-Group 44
GT6+, he said that it was "all Triumph". Does anyone know of a source or book
that documents Group 44's efforts from a technical standpoint? I read one
book that described their wins but doesn't go into the technical aspects fo
the cars. I can't imagine that the Triumphs in question weren't Triumphs at
all, but mongrels made from a collection of parts. Can anyone shed any light
on this subject?

Greg Wolf
70 GT6+ "Ian"
Ann Arbor, Michigan