Re: Auto Import from England

To: triumph@uriel.net
Subject: Re: Auto Import from England
From: bullobc@vtxix.slg.eds.com (Chris Bullock - vtxix)
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 09:49:10 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
--4a68_77bd-67ce_36a6-478_6914
Content-MD5: jN6feGGwIym7fBXsh8nBDA==

Chad,

>From my research before I imported the PI, I gathered that
as long as the car was manufactured prior to January 1, 1968,
that an import from England would be exempt from EPA Emissions and DOT
Safety specs - no problem for a Vitesse.  The only reason I
was able to import the 1970 RHD PI was that it was a CANADIAN
REGISTERED vehicle, which falls under the over 21 and over 25
age restriction for EPA and DOT respectively.

I have a folder full of documentation from the chap that brought
the TR6 to Canada - shipping info, etc.  If you'd like, I could
try and make some copies of the stuff for you.  Sorry to hear you
didn't have much luck in the States.

Regards,

--Chris

Chris Bullock