Re: Mexican Standoff

To: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@Pupress.Princeton.Edu>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Mexican Standoff
From: twakeman@scruznet.com (TeriAnn Wakeman)
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 06:40:30 -0700
At 12:09 PM 7/28/97 -0500, Chris Lillja wrote:
>How do folks out there handle selling parts over the net? I've
>recently listed my Spitfire parts on the VTR website and the response
>has been pretty good.

For inexpensive things, I take the risk and rely upon the goodwill of the
person I deal with.  A part goes one way and a good check hopefully is
coming the other.  So far I have not had a deal go bad.

On expensive things I have tried COD cash.  But the reciever does not know
what is in the box untill after they pay for it.  Mail order is always a
risk.  Some people have be ripped off big time.  I've been lucky relying
upon trust.

TeriAnn Wakeman            For personal mail, please start subject line
Santa Cruz California      with TW.  I belong to 4 high volume mail lists
twakeman@scruznet.com      and do not read a lot of threads..Thanks

"The box said 'Requires Windows 95, or better.' So I bought a Macintosh."