Re: Re: Lucas tar top battery ANSWER

To: TRIPHSTEVE@aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: Lucas tar top battery ANSWER
From: rgb@exact.com
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 13:11:41 1997
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>equipment. And, battery technology has improved in the last 30 or 40
>years, so why not take advantage of it, especially with an item which

I use the new Exide Optima battery in my latest TR6.  Get the one with
top posts only if possible.  Smaller than the 24F.

Looks sort of space age, but uses a "jell" inside, i.e. no caps, no
"low maintaince lie", this one is sealed solid.  No worry about turning
it over, etc.  Supposed to survive cracked cases during wrecks, etc.

$90 locally.

Now if I could only find the Lucas tar top to place "over" it...

Roger

(not to mention buying 2 of the 6 volt style (1/2 size) and placing
 these in series in the spare tire "sump"... it would fit)