Removing Spitfire Door Trim Panel

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Removing Spitfire Door Trim Panel
From: schuyler grace <schuyler@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 1997 14:21:23 -0700
For the longest time, I have been planning to get the outside door latch
working again on my Spit, but since the problem is on the passenger's
side, I tried the time-honored repair method of leaving it alone and
hoping it would fix itself.  Well, I gave it a year, and now, I guess
I'm just going to have to do it myself (no wonder LBCs have such a bad
rep!).

Does anyone out there have suggestions for removing the interior trim
panel without pulling all of the mounting clips out of the backing
board?  A new interior is not in the budget until next year, and I've
already got enough little flappy bits hanging around without adding the
door panel to them.  Also, any hints for aligning the bonnet so it
doesn't rattle around and the latches will stay latched would be most
appreciated.  However, I might just leave it alone because the
expressions on my passengers' faces when they hear the "thonggg" of a
latch opening after we hit a bump is priceless!  Most of them start
looking around to see which wheel fell off, and someone even came up to
me one day to tell me that my "turn signal" was still on!

Thanks, folks.
--
Schuyler E. Grace
'73 Spitfire 1500 - FM1183U