Re: PDWA switch...interchangable between Spit and MGB?

To: tom.omalley@channel1.com
Subject: Re: PDWA switch...interchangable between Spit and MGB?
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 1997 17:58:20 +0100
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
tom.omalley@channel1.com wrote:

> Hello crew!
>
> A friend of mine needs a new PDWA switch for his '77 MGB.  He's having
> trouble finding the switch listed in the parts catalogs from various
> vendors.
>
> Does anyone know if this puppy is the same as the one used in a Spit
> 1500?
> It looks similar, and Vicky Brit has a listing for it.
>
> Failing that, anyone know where the correct one might be found?
>
> Thanks!

My .02 worth. Since this stupid switch's only function is to light up a
bulb on the dash while the brake pedal is headed into the firewall, why
not just plug the thing up and get rid of the idiot light? Jeez, if you
need a light to tell you that your brakes are 1/2 crapped, I pray were
not on the same road!
It's kinda like those "Check Engine" idiot lights back in the sixties. A
friend of mine had one in his Falcon come on- after it had tossed a rod
through the block!