KC all British and redline tires

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: KC all British and redline tires
From: jmike@sky.net
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 1997 17:52:05 -0500 (CDT)
Just got back from the KC all British yesterday.   A couple hundred of the
area's best Brit cars all spread out over the lawn next to the lake at the
Airport Marriott.    We took our TR6 up and while we were there, we saw a
gentleman scribing redlines on tires.  He jacked each wheel up and spun it with
a small motor while first scraping a very shallow ridge around the spot where
the line was to go, and then applying a red, rubberized coating in the area.
It
looked great, so the had the six done.  Several people standing around said
that
it would last for at least a couple of years unless they got scraped, and then
would begin to darken and fade out.  Cost?  $40.00 for the set.  Beats the cost
of new redlines.  He is from Oklahoma and his name is Wayne Frost.  Phone
number
is 405 348 8597.   For enough business, he might travel into your area.  You
folks in and around OK city and Tulsa can reach him anytime.

Standard disclaimers apply.