Re: '78 Spit - My Shoes Don't Fit (?)

To: Les Francis <lesf@metronet.com>
Subject: Re: '78 Spit - My Shoes Don't Fit (?)
From: "Brian W. Neuschwander" <bwnbcg@sjm.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 1997 18:02:51 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Les Francis wrote:

> OK.  I guess it's technically the drum, not the shoes.  I replaced the wheel
> cylinders, associated hardware, and some brake line.  Got the drums turned
> (even tho they "looked" smooth).  Now I can't get the drums back on!

Les-

Make sure you have the shoes right side up.  This might seem like a dumb
suggestion (I've made worse mistakes), but they might fit "on" but not
fit right if they are upside down.  Also, if all is right, file off any
lip on the inside of the drum.  Can't see as how there  should be any of
you had the drums turned, but when you do not have them turned,
sometimes there is a slight wear lip that snags on the shoes.

Measure the thickness of the friction material and report to the list
what you find.  We will compare with other shoes we have laying around
and get back to you.  Maybe your shoe manufacturer screwed up.

--
Brian W. Neuschwander
Beach City Gas Station