re: Clunk?

To: Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: re: Clunk?
From: "Bruce A. Krobusek" <BruceKro@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 10:12:34 -0400
>I do know that the right front differential mount WAS welded long ago
(more
>than 12 years).  Does this fix ever not last?  This spring I did replace
the
>diff mounting rubber when doing other rear end work.

The PO of Mrs Peel said that he had replaced the right-front diff mount,
but
when I dropped the diff I found that it was broken again. I believe the
only
permanent fix is to box in the mounts. TRF sells a set of steel plates that
are
welded on each side of the mount (both mounts) to provide additional
stiffening. They were on B/O when I needed them, so a kind soul at TRF made
an outline of the part and FAXed it to me. The guy who did the welding
simply
cut pieces out of bar stock. Somewhere I have the outline if you're
interested.

     Bruce

      Bruce A. Krobusek
        Rochester   NY