Oil pan weekend

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Oil pan weekend
From: Carol Zingone <JRHoffman@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 1997 09:10:45 -0400
Listers,

Got major greasy this weekend, and equally frustrated.  Jacked Sybill
up, securely, and proceeded to crank out the 23 bolts holding the oil
pan.  Most came out easy, had to have husband help on two that just
would not budge. Ok.

Can't seem to get the *&$^%#@ oil pan to move one iota !!!  I covered
the entire area with various cleaners, etc. in an effort to loosen the
hold the grime and the gasket and the gasket goop would be having.

No luck.

Tried wedging flat screwdrive into any crevice.  Can't seem to get any
leverage so as to not put my eye out.

Tried using hammer with head wrapped in rags to move it.  No luck.
(Did tap all around, tho, and didn't hear any bits of metal)

Am I missing out on a big secret here ?

So, needless to say, I haven't completed the thrustwasher installation
yet.  Haven't measured precisely the end-float as of yet either, will
complete both this week.  Did however, bleed the clutch system, and have
orderd the rebuild kits from Moss yesterday, so I can complete both of
those this week, which will help complete diagnosis of problem.

Insight welcome and sought after !

Carol Zingone
74 TR6 -- Sybill (under the knife)