RE: Spit heater valve

To: "Bob Sykes" <s1500@worldnet.att.net> (Return requested), "tom.omalley@channel1.com" <tom.omalley@channel1.com> (Return requested)
Subject: RE: Spit heater valve
From: "Vincenti, Ross" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>
Date: 03 Sep 1997 15:49:19 -0700
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net> (Return requested)
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; 0B784340DE96F101-mtamailhub]
X400-originator: Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com
X400-received: by /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 03 Sep 1997 15:49:19 -0700
X400-received: by mta mtamailhub in /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 03 Sep 1997 15:49:19 -0700
X400-recipients: non-disclosure; <0B784340DE96F101*/c=US/admd=ATTmail/prmd=Transam/o=tfs/s=Vincenti/g=Ross/@MHS>
Bob & Tom -

I went through the same miserable exercise both of you are talking about
when I restored by Mk I Spit.  I had even gone as far as ordering the new
valve from TRF so I could perform the recommended surgery.  But before I
could start to do the swap, a new valve specifically for the early Spit
arrived from John Kipping Spares in the UK.  I had ordered it months
earlier and it was on backorder.  So I popped in the new one and returned
the other to TRF.

Guess what?  As soon as I pulled on the heater cable after hooking it all
up, the little arm, on the valve which turns the thingy inside of it to
divert the flow of water, promptly bent!  Although it is still
"servicable", I can turn ON the heater from inside, but I have to open the
bonnet to turn the danged thing OFF!  Aarrgghh.

In hindsight, converting the valve from TRF would've been pretty easy
really, but who knows if it would have bent, too. (sigh).  Hope your's
turns out better.

Ross D. Vincenti
Asst. General Counsel/Asst. Sec'ty.
Transamerica Home Loan - Legal Dept.