Spit heater valve

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spit heater valve
From: tom.omalley@channel1.com
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 1997 02:27:16 GMT
Ross writes:

>Guess what?  As soon as I pulled on the heater cable after hooking it all
>up, the little arm, on the valve which turns the thingy inside of it to
>divert the flow of water, promptly bent!  Although it is still
>"servicable", I can turn ON the heater from inside, but I have to open the
>bonnet to turn the danged thing OFF!  Aarrgghh.

Well this is not very encouraging...particularly in light of the fact
that you got it from Kipping, who I don't believe is known for selling
junk.  Curious...did you contact him about it?

>In hindsight, converting the valve from TRF would've been pretty easy
>really, but who knows if it would have bent, too. (sigh).  Hope your's
>turns out better.
>Ross D. Vincenti

We'll see...mine still looks to be the original one in the car but
Bobby's posting made me curious if they were all difficult to
modulate.  No bent arm on mine though and it gets pushed to and fro
with considerable force.

Tom O'Malley
'74, '77 Spits