Spit heater valve

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spit heater valve
From: tom.omalley@channel1.com
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 1997 01:31:01 GMT
"Piciurn Blue" Spitfire owner Robert Sykes writes:

>Toe-nail measurer Tom O'Malley writes:
>(regarding VB Spitfire heater valves)

Hmmm...I suppose if I expire tonight, this is how I'll be remembered,
eh? :-)

>Yes, it mounts exactly the same (esp. if you have the sealing ring).
>It looks pretty much the same, yellow shiny metal vs. old silver metal
>on the "business end" the aluminum body construction is identical.
>Hey wait a minute - that's two questions already ;-)

Just trying to keep you honest...remember that I'm the guy who tried
to "bolt in" a single rail tranny into a '74 Spit *without* cutting
the floor pan. :-)

>It sounds like it might be better than yours, but it's still pretty
>tight especially around the "off" position.

I suppose this might just be the nature of any valve type heater
control.  I know that Chrysler continued to use this system long after
GM went to the constant flow/heater door system.  This was a much
smoother system along with the added benefit of instant temperature
changes.

>> Tom O'Malley <not wanting to think about winter in Massachusetts yet>

>Let's see, - winter starts up there this weekend doesn't it? ;-)

Ouch!!  That hurt Bobby.  There's PLENTY of great top down weather
still to come up here in New England including some great LBC shows.

It's been one of the best summers up here weather-wise that I can
remember in a long time.  Many, many days with full sunshine and yet
the nights were comfortable for sleep.

In a few weeks the leaves will start turning and we'll get a
spectacular color display.  The crisp fall air and the sound of the
car running through fallen leaves is something special.

What do you Southern folks run your cars through...piles of GRITS or
something like that?  :-)

>Bob Sykes
>'78 Spitfires
>(contemplating a very tired GT6)

GT6?  Oh yes!  Now we'll surly find the truth about syncromesh in a
three rail tranny!  What year is it?

Cheers!
Tom O'Malley in Southbridge Massachusetts
'74, '77 Spits