Re: GT6 (66)

To: Dave Terrick <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Subject: Re: GT6 (66)
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 1997 20:54:16 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Dave Terrick wrote:

> Dear pellemer@nbnet.nb.ca and list
>
> re GT6 suspensions.....
>
> yes, these cars ride like gravel trucks.

And here I thought it was just my crappy rear shocks.... <g> As someone
else said, and it's not all that understandable to me, it doesn't ride
like a Spitfire, despite the similarities in suspension.

> that.  Not to take anything away from my 6 (RIP) - I really do miss the
> convertible part nad the feel and the sound - the GT is to Triumph what the
> 250 GT Berlinetta  Lusso was to Ferrari....  no the fastest, not the
> roomiest,  etc,   but some undefinable Gestalt.

And after a long weekend taking mine apart, I am ready for Gestalt
therapy. <g>

> Now I am faced with the question of doing another GT while they are still
> available and inexpensive, or getting back into the 4A.  Or maybe paying a
> few of those credit lines off first!  Can anyone out there suggest a way to
> evaporate interest payments?

Uh, we reportedly have a laser here in New Mexico which is reputed to be
able kill satellites from the ground... the plan is to try to kill a $60
million Air Force satellite which is near the end of its usefulness.
Perhaps if you suggested a new peacetime use for the weapon, offered a
couple of sample targets, and offered to chip in a bit for the electric
bill?

Cheers.

--
My other Triumph is starting to piss me off....