Re: TR8

To: RMiller930@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR8
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 1997 07:27:17 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
RMiller930@aol.com wrote:

> Hey, folks,
>
> Looking for TR8 convertible for wife.  She saw at KC All British and decided
> she now needs an LBC.  Only one hitch.  She wants (cringe) an automatic.  Any
> leads would be greatly appreciated.
>
> RMiller930@aol.com
>
> Rod Miller
> '72 TR6 (son's driver)
> '59 Bugeye (undergoing cosmetice surgery and triple by-pass)

Rod,

So this may not be a great lead for you, but I saw a super TR8 DHC on my
way to and at the Vintage Auto Race at Lime Rock, CT last weekend. When
we arrived, the owner was hanging his "For Sale" sign.

I picked up one of his ads. It reads:
For Sale, 1980 Triumph TR8, 3.5 V-8, 4 bbl, 37K miles, 5 spd, air,
Edelbrock, Offy, Mallory ignition, headers, have all original parts, 2nd
owner, original poseidon green paint and plaid interior, no rust, runs
strong, drive anywhere, $9000 or best offer, trades considered.

Anybody interested, email me for phone number. From the area code, the
car is located in central Mass.

The car looked great, but I admit I have no "wedge" experience at all,
so I wouldn't know what to look for. I don't think the current owner
drives the car hard, as he had the opportunity to blow away a BMW Z3,
and just did a lazy pass. I must admit I was a little disappointed!
--
 Henry Frye            E-mail - thefryes@iconn.net
 TR3B   TCF1927 L   http://www.iconn.net/thefryes/