TR4 Door seal problem

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR4 Door seal problem
From: "Peter Menuez" <menuez@protocircuit.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 10:16:14 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <menuez@[192.9.200.45]>
Hi all,

I hope someone can help me with a seal problem  I have replaced my
door seal (1964 TR4) with a one piece replacement seal (no fuzzy
strip).  At the junction where the door ends and the window
begins there is a small 1/4 to 1/2" gap where there is no seal
between where the seal should make contact with the window and door
frame.  This is true for both the passenger and driver window.

        \   <----windshield
          \
---------\   <---The gap is at this point
|            |
|_____| <----door

(Above is a 'text' picture of the door.  If your mail client doesn't
format the way mine does it will probably look like total garbage.
Just thought I'd try to clarify where the gap is located)

I can pull the seal out from the flange and glue it to get a seal (I
think) but this seems like the wrong way to go.  Any help is
appreciated.

pete menuez
1964 TR4
Proto Circuit Inc.