Re: Clear coat

Subject: Re: Clear coat
From: Susan Hensley <susan@grotecon.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 1997 11:48:04 -0500
Shane F. Ingate wrote:

> Terry Thompson wrote:
>         > POR-15 has a clear-coat "paint".
>         > Never used it hough. It supposedly leaves a satiny coat (according
>to the ads.)
>
> Absolutely!  I friend of mine used it on her BMW and the "clear coat"
> turned a dark brown stain within 12 hours.  I use POR-15 a lot and am
> pleasd with it, but only in never-seen places.  I would never use it in
> a place where visual appearance was an issue.
>
>         Shane Ingate in San Diego

POR-15 is not intended for use (unless otherwise specified) in the
direct sunlight.  It will do fun stuff like oxydize and discolor.  If
you want to use it for a sunlightful application, it needs to be
top-coated with a UV-resistant product.

It works GREAT for engine parts and chassis members, etc.  We whaled on
some sample metal pieces with a ball peen hammer when the rep came to
our club meeting and could not chip the darn stuff!  It looked awesome
on a manifold he had -- they have a satiny silver that made the manifold
glow.

My point is this -- read the directions CAREFULLY with POR-15, and you
will be exceedingly pleased with the results if used properly.  And I am
not getting a kick-back for this from the rep, darn it!

Keep Triumphing,
Susan Hensley  %)