Dash Pots

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Dash Pots
From: Edward Hutchinson <seah@zorba.info.sunyit.edu>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 1997 13:08:15 -0400
I was at one of those weekly unofficial car shows last night (my car is
still in the garage) and ran into a guy who had rebuilt his 6 from the
ground up. As he was proudly showing me the car he pulled the plunger (I
guess thats what its called) from the dash pot and stated that he does not
have any oil in the pot. He said he finds the acceleration response much
quicker with the dash pots dry.

Now I'm only sharing this with the list as I thought it was somewhat unique.
I do not recommend it as I hardly understand how the things work anyway.
Thought some of the wiser members of the list might be interested in this
approach and might share their sage advise.

Ed

"How much deeper would the ocean be if sponges didn't live there."

Ed Hutchinson
Financial Aid Office
SUNY Inst. of Technology
P.O. Box 3050