Pale Yellow 948 Herald

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Pale Yellow 948 Herald
From: William Davies <w.davies@virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 1997 15:39:28 -0700
Hi Everyone,
            A local TSSC member (I'm in the UK remember!) asked me for some
information regarding a June 1960 built 948 Herald Saloon he is about to
begin restoring. I've not yet seen the car, though I have been able to
help with several originality issues so far. The car is in its original
Pale Yellow paint (yes, I know, it's not listed as an original colour
for a 948 saloon, but I know of at least 2 more like it!). Can anyone
give me any leads on a manufacturers code for this paint. I found the
ACME 1960 chart on the VTR pages, which shows a colour "389 TR -
Primrose Yellow". Is this the same colour, or is it a TR colour, ie.,
not listed for Heralds? Can anyone shed any light on this for me - I
hate being asked (Herald) questions I don't know the answer to!
                Cheers,
                        Bill.
--

    ^================^      This Message sent by:
 | |                  | |   1966 Herald 1200 Convertible
 |_|                  |_|   1959 Standard Atlas Pickup