Spit with modified panels / GT6 rear suspension

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spit with modified panels / GT6 rear suspension
From: "Neil" <NJM@isvr.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 17:47:57 +0000
Greetings!

I am going to look at a spit this week for a friend.  Apparently the
rear panels have been modified so the seam where they are welded
along the top cannot be seen.  Has anyone come across this before?

Secondly, there has been some recent talk about the suspension of
GT6s.  I was wondering what displacement I should be able to bounce
out of mine - there is virtually no movement apart from in the tyre -
is this normal??!!!

Thanks,

Neil.

(-:    NEIL'S exclusive one line signature    :-)