Re: TR6 Seatbelts

To: Edward Hutchinson <seah@zorba.info.sunyit.edu>
Subject: Re: TR6 Seatbelts
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 14:13:24 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Ed:
I installed the Securon belts that Moss sells. They work just fine and are
certainly much easier to use than the 3-point belts that came with the car.
Since your car already has the inertia-reel belts, they should bolt right
in. My early car required drilling a hole in the wheelhouse to secure the
reel.

Barnes' Standard Warning: The webbing used in seatbelts is like any other
plastic and is prone to degradation from UV radiation. If your belts are
the original material, they may fail when you need them the most. Think
seriously about installing new belts or having your belts remanufactured
using new material.

Phil Barnes
peb3@cornell.edu
'71 TR6  CC61193L (20 year owner)