Re: Minor breakdown story -- all ends well...

To: rogerh@digimation.com
Subject: Re: Minor breakdown story -- all ends well...
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 1997 20:27:19 -0400
Cc: triumph listserv <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Roger Helman wrote:

>     Ken since you have brought it up. I have noticed while
> rebuilding the top end that the connector, that connects the
> heater to the cooling system, is a very rusty. I am afraid to
> touch it. It looks like the is a simple connector that allows
> the hoses to pass through the fire wall. If so can this
> connector be replaced? Or is it a very expensive ordeal?

The connector that passes the heater hoses through the
firewall is not difficult to replace, is readily available
from the parts suppliers, and is not too expensive.  I would
suggest replacing both the gasket and the metal connector.

>From TRF, these would be:

611040  T46 GASKET, HOSE CONNECT., BULKH        1.130
611043  T46 CONNECTION, BULKHEAD, HOSES        13.340

Replacing them is a bit messy, however, as when the inside hoses
are disconnected, quite a bit of coolant will pour out onto
the right side floor.  I would suggest putting a small drain
pan there to catch what falls out, unless you have your
carpets out completely.

--ken

--
Kenneth B. Streeter         | EMAIL: streeter@sanders.com