Re: Minor breakdown story -- all ends well...

To: streeter@sanders.com, triumph listserv <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Minor breakdown story -- all ends well...
From: Roger Helman <rogerh@digimation.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 1997 09:23:25 -0500
    Thanks Ken, that's also what I found last night in the TRF catalog.
I might as well change it now that the cooling system is drained. Just
finished ordering the parts.

    My main problem now is the shaft in the rocker arm assembly appears
to be quite worn. The pedestals appear to have shifted in the three
months it has been sitting on my work bench. The pedestals are very
tight and do not want to slip back in place. Also the rocker arms do not
rotate easily on the shaft. When I compress the springs I can see where
the rocker arms have worn into the rod. I think the shaft and several of
the rocker arms may need to be replaced. Do the rocker arms become
elongated or does just the shaft wear?
    This simple valve job is getting more and more expensive. I better
hurry up before I find anything else wrong, like the A post and sill on
the drivers side or .... :-)

--
Roger Helman                  71 TR6 CC67866L
Digimation Inc.               http://deepthought.digimation.com/rogerh/