Re: oldest GT6 (Was) Spit Heater Valve - Now GT6

To: Bob Sykes <s1500@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: oldest GT6 (Was) Spit Heater Valve - Now GT6
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 22:10:01 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: tomomalley@hey.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
[Much "banter" between Bob and Ray -- oops, make that Bob and Tom, one
of whom referred to Ray ;-) -- deleted]

On Tue, 9 Sep 1997, Bob Sykes wrote:

> I've recently learned of another '66 MkI for sale.  The PDPO believes
> that this may be the oldest car surviving.  He did not provide the
> commision number, but claims it was the 700th car made (KC700 I assume).
> Does anyone here have, or know of an earlier example?

Perhaps long-time TSSC members can help my memory here (my few, sporadic
issues of the magazine from way back are way back in a closet @ Mom's
house). I remember an article appearing in The Courier about an extremely
early GT6 being rescued from the proverbial British garden or hedgerow --
a prototype or very, very low commission number. Does that ring a bell
with anyone?

--Andy