Re: tr6 ignition problems...

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: tr6 ignition problems...
From: Joe Worsley <worsley@ebicom.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 1997 20:08:19 -0700
tom.omalley@channel1.com wrote:

 > Hi Shane!
 >
 > The resistence of the ballast wire will be about 1.8 ohms.
 > It's connected to one of the two white wires that come off your
 > ignition switch connector under the dash.  The actual point on the
 > harness where these two wires are crimped together will probably be
 > exposed.  It may look like a DPO bodge...it's not...it's a Triumph
 > bodge.  :-)
>  Hey Fellas,

 Where can I get a piece of resistance wire for my rusty old
 TR6 that I bought a couple of months ago?

 It looks like it must have shorted out and turned into a toasted
 marshmellow.  Won't run in on position but runs good on start or with a
 jumper battery to coil. Switch might be bad also - I haven't even hecked
 that yet.

 I will probably replace the complete harness when I restore it in a
 couple of years after I retire and move to NC next year.  All the wires
 are the same color (under hood paint job)

 Joe Worsley
 80 TR8
 72 TR6 (sleeping until restoration)
 Tupelo, MS