Spitfire electric radiator fan

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire electric radiator fan
From: "Kevin B. Rhodes" <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 16:10:22 -0400
My Spit's electric fan is starting to make nasty noises. The fan motor is
not listed in any of the catalogues that I have. Are these available? Is
replacement as simple as trotting down to the local Discount parts store
and picking up an appropriately sized (10", 12"?) fan? What about the
circular shroud, can this be done away with? This is the 79-80 cooling
system with the slanted radiator and electric fan (hooked up to a '69 1300).

TIA,

-Kevin Rhodes
"Freddy" (69 - 80 Spitfire, depending on what part you look at!!)