Re: non-LBC question

To: Erik Quackenbush <erik.quackenbush@scala.com>
Subject: Re: non-LBC question
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 17:31:12 +0100
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Erik Quackenbush wrote:

> OK, the Benz list was no help (big surprise) so perhaps someone here can
> chime in... The engine in my wife's 300E 4Matic stalls during hard braking
> and cornering. This first started happening after we ran the car out of
> gas. What should I do first? Clogged filter? Damaged pump? Any suggestions
> welcome.

First, you have to take it to the dealer were a $120 an Hr. certified
Merc. tech will spend 2 days looking at parked outside, waitng to be
worked on. Then he'll replace the fuel filter, a $6 part on a normal
car, but because it's got that nice 3 pointed star on it, it'll set you
back $60. Then to access the fuel filter, many large parts will have to
moved out of the way, costing about $1000. ;-)!!!! I'm being sarcastic!
But, I'm always suspicious of cars that require a Phd. in engineering to
work on!
Maybe that why I like LBC's so much. Sure, they break. But the heater
valve is controlled by a cable and lever, not a microchip powered, vacum
operated climate control system that only one guy in world knows how to
fix.