Re: M

To: George Richardson <gprtech@ix.netcom.com>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: M
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 22:56:06 -0400
George Richardson wrote:
> Also, due to the level of technology used in the car, it will be
> difficult to manufacture parts in 40 years. Technology moves on, leaving
> past technology behind.
>
> Low technology, like LBCs however, will always be reproducable.

  This is really a ridiculous statement.

  LBCs are low tech BECAUSE they are 40 years old. That's
why they seem low tech. What did an E-type or a TR3 seem
like when new? Not low tech at all, it was cutting edge
automotive evolution. I'm sure old farts sat around with
Model Ts and bitched at how all these newfangled cars
were so complex.

  In 40 years, the Miata becomes super-old technology that
will seem reproducable just like TR6s and such seem
now.

  Really, so many of these anti-miata comments are
just ridiculous if you consider them logically.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada