Re: Snubbed again

To: Peter Gillis <pgillis@cosmedia.ie>
Subject: Re: Snubbed again
From: David Stephenson <daves96@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 14:41:24 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Peter Gillis wrote:

> Sorry to resurrect this thread but I just had
> a weird one this morning on my way into the city,
> in light Saturday morning traffic I spy a Triumph Stag
> coming the other way, driving a TR4 I gather here is a
> similar minded individual and prepare for the wave, light flash,
> or mouth "nice car" as we pass, I opted for wave and was greeted
> with a stoney faced expression which translated to "This is a Stag,
> why would I nod to you!!"
> This waving tradition may be harder to get going again than we think.
>
> Cheers Pete Gillis
> 63 TR4
Regarding the "waving tradition," it appears to be undergoing a
resurgance here in Southern California. The flash of headlights we
reserve for a warning that the CHP is up a head. I'm sure, like all good
things, the wave will roll from the Pacific across the Great Plains this
spring, hitting the east coast by early fall. My estimate for time on
target for the wave in the U.K. is 18 months from today.
B.T.W., after much debate and reconsideration with the camp followers at
home I decided to take my 1974 TR-6 out of storage recently and drive it
off to be professioanlly rebuilt and "refreshed." While stopped at a
light a very pretty woman in the car to my right caught my eye. She
smiled and said, "I just love the sound of your engine. I love your
Triumph. I once had a '74 too. " I thanked her and prayed the engine
wouldn't die on me, at least not just there. What better confirmation
for spending money on a TR-6 can there be? Dave Stephenson