Triumphs and T's

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Triumphs and T's
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 09:58:26 -0700
Ken Streeter wrote:

> That said, I'll stay with my Triumph and do what
> I can to keep it falling the way of the Model T.
> Yet, I know that is the eventual destiny of our
> marque -- largely forgotten -- but, in the meantime,
> I'm going to enjoy the Triumphant life to the
> fullest, and try to keep the demand up for those
> remanufactured Triumph parts!

As the proud owner of two "T"s - a 1970 TR6 and a 1922 Model T Centerdoor,
I'm interpreting the above as a compliment. I purchased my first TR in 1973
and first T in 1979. As a child growing up in rural Wisconsin, we were
always coming across abandoned Model T's in some farmers field.  When
seeing my first running T in a local parade, I knew then that when I grew
up I wanted to own one of those.  I did - 20 years later. My interest is
sports cars came about roughly the same time I discovered women! My next
door neighbor went away to college and came back driving this "sports car"
thing.  In the land of Detroit iron, one never did see any of "them there
foreign autos".  I liked the Austin Healey first and then looked closely at
it's passenger thus discovering two exotic entities at once!  I knew then
that I sure did like women and also the fine peice of machinery she was
sitting in.

What I discovered upon owning a Model is not that much different from
owning a TR.  Lots of fun people who enjoy driving their cars.  There are T
clubs in every state and around the world. (The Great Britain club has over
600 members.) Our local club is growing steadily with a range of people in
age, profession, and interests.  Members offer up plenty of friendly advice
on how to help keep my T on the road.  Plus a variety of commercial parts
suppliers are out there who have almost any part that I need.

I this is any kind of indication of where the TR marque is headed than I
think it is in good shape.

Regards,

Dave,
San Diego,
1970 RHD PI TR6 & 1922 Model T Centerdoor - both daily drivers.