valve clearances

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: valve clearances
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 13:28:41 -0600
Next part of my recap report is the valve clearances.

I found that it was hard for me to consistently gauge where the valves
were in their "compressed" state equally accross all cylinders. It took
several "cyles" through the rotation to get them all close. Most of my
valves were pretty good anyway so not a whole lot of adjusting to be
done. The valve noise did not change much after I finished - it was
quite low already.

I did fit a new valve cover gasket - cork from a local dealer. I
prepared the valve cover (original painted steel one) by flattening the
area around the three holes for the engine studs. I also used fat
o-rings as my sealer on these holes since I could not find fibre washers
in the required size. Some Permatex High Tack on the cover under the
gasket and no leaks so far!

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada