RE: valve clearances

To: "'WINDOWSEET@aol.com'" <WINDOWSEET@aol.com>
Subject: RE: valve clearances
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 17:13:44 -0600
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Greg,

Actually the TR6 seems to have three studs, no bolts. At least my 76
does and the VB catalog I just checked makes no distinction among the
years. I have no problems with clearance of the bonnet.

Is Builder's Square a US store or Canadian? I haven't heard of it.
Thanks for the tip. I think that as long as the rubber holds up to the
heat of the valve cover it is going to make a better seal than a fiber
washer.

I think the other thing I did which will hopefully reduce (or
eliminate!) the leaks is to flatten the area on the cover around the
bolt (stud) hole. This way the o-ring (or washer in your case) will form
a much better seal.

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada