Structural "rocker" foam

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Structural "rocker" foam
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 08:23:34 -0700
Ross V. suggests:
>Another thing to consider shooting into
>rocker sills is structural foam that expands.  Anybody on the list tried
>this yet?  Will it simply trap moisture and hasten rust?

**************************
I have contemplated this very thing (but haven't used it) as you can get
this very stuff (expandable foam) at hardware stores for insulation and
sealing, but have the same concerns about trapping moisture.  If one could
be sure of the material being truly closed cell and adhering to the metal,
you wouldn’t have to worry, but I don't have enough info on it.

Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6/5sp Spitfire ( daily driver )
70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
70 (sorta) Spitfire ( project )
73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler )