Re: Ordering from Rimmer Brothers?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Ordering from Rimmer Brothers?
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 08:25:14 -0700
My earlier post:

Jim,

I just received some stuff from Rimmers.  I will check on the shipping
charges as I'm not sure it was the $50.00 you were charged.  Seems like
mine was less.

Dave
San Diego,
1970 RHD PI TR6 CP51649

Checked my billing statement last night and it was only 10 pounds for
shipping.  Now my order weighed only about 4 - 5 lbs.  From previous
experience in having parts shipped from the U.K. to America, freight
charges seem to be based on both weight and size.  One of my shipments
weighed in at 12 kilos and cost me cost to $200.00 to have air freighted to
California.  The box size was a meter by 70 cm by 30 cm, so it was within
the "normal" shipping size - no surcharge was billed.

(Ironically, with all this money being spent by me for parts in the UK, I
managed to offset my balance of payments by selling my 1925 Model T coupe
to some bloke who wanted to use to advertise his restoration business in
Yorkshire)

Just as aside, I have found Rimmer Bros very pleasant to work with.

Hope this helps,

Dave
San Diego, California
1970 RHD PI TR6 CP51649