Re: Structural "rocker" foam

To: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Subject: Re: Structural "rocker" foam
From: Kris Cotton <krisc@pi.bnis.net.au>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 11:21:24 +0900
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At 08:23 16/09/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Ross V. suggests:

>>this yet?  Will it simply trap moisture and hasten rust?
>**************************
>sealing, but have the same concerns about trapping moisture.  If one could
>be sure of the material being truly closed cell and adhering to the metal,
>you wouldn’t have to worry, but I don't have enough info on it.
>Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA
_______________________
Hi people
I'm going out on another limb on this one, but the foam in the pressure
packs at the local store Kmart ( yes we have them here along with "Ken
Turkey" fried chook) These pressure packs require air moisture to really
expand the foam, or as it says on some packs moisten surfaces before using.
The only other way possibly is the 2 pack foam as used in boats for
bouyancy compartments etc. you mix the two parts in a space you want the
foam & stand back. Its a much more denser foam as well.
Tony Cotton
Sth.Aust.
Australian made rail, sleepers (UV protected)& flexible, rail joiners for
45mm gauge.