rgb@exact.com: Re: TR6 Seatbelts

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: rgb@exact.com: Re: TR6 Seatbelts
From: jhdavis6@juno.com (James H. Davis, Jr.)
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 21:08:19 -0400
Roger,
They only re-webbed my seatbelts and cleaned out the cases(they were full
of sand from a previous life on the beach). The webbing seems very close
to the original, but not an exact replacement. Mine now retract and lock
well, although it seems the tension is not as tight as it was(might be my
imagination). Understand that my seatbelts just didn't work when I sent
them in, so the change was dramatic.
The spokesman I talked with said a COMPLETE restoration would be
expensive. In other words he really didn't want to do the work. Problem
is, with liability being so great in this area no one else will touch the
job. At least not that I can find.
I did not know that anyone had tried these guys for TR6 belts.

I want the belts rebuilt to exactly the original spec, i.e. same belt
material, same finish on the aluminum case, same spring pressure.
It also needs to be "safe", i.e. the locking mechanism should be check
and lubed.

How did it work out in your case?  I thought the price was $100 per set?

Thanks,

Roger