Midget for sale in MA, was Spitfire on PBS

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Midget for sale in MA, was Spitfire on PBS
From: tom.omalley@channel1.com
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 00:43:07 GMT
Trevor wrote:

>  Hey, some people buy a car for the name. The rest
>take it on a test drive that includes a corner.

Well...you *do* have a point here. :-)

BTW...went to take a VERY quick look at a Midget for sale in my town
tonight.  That town is Southbridge, Massachusetts before anyone from
CA. reads too far.

Anyway...the owner saw me driving my car, asked me if it was an MG,
<argh!>, and then asked if I'd care to buy his... :-)

The car is a chrome bumper Midget that needs some serious TLC. Not
quite sure of the year....the tail lamps had "69" on them if that's
valid.  The bumpers were thin chrome <rusty> with large square rubber
blocks attached...not sure if this was an Abington thing or not.

The paint <maroon> was toast, the top was in shreds and the bonnet was
full of cracked bondo.  OTOH...the car was registered and running
under it's own steam.  The owner was asking $700 but I got the
impression that he was negotiable. :-)

If any lister thinks they might have an interest I'm be happy to go
back and give it a serious look.  Will x-post message to that "other"
car list. :-)

Tom O'Malley
'74, '77 Spits